PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Crash Central London
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 16:44
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLF and Proud

Joe Bloggs PPL will pull back the curtains and go back to sleep!
There are those who choose too and those who have to
Firstly may I ask what your experience and qualifications are in flying to express your opinions?

I stick by every word I have posted!

Firstly let me make it clear I am NOT a Helicopter Pilot I fly as a Captain on Business Jets.

Prior to that I have a lot of time on multi engine pistons.

There is a massive difference between the Private pilot who chooses to spend his hard earned cash and flies for pleasure and the Pilot who has to be in outer Mongolia at 8 am in the middle of winter.

Obviously the safest flying is what I do now! Take off, fly a SID in CAS under radar Control the whole way, get vectored onto an ILS and land and then follow controlled directions till you pick up the follow me vehicle and park!

That is the safest way by far (again a have to flight)

The other flying which I no longer do involved twin pistons to multi destinations in Northern and southern Ireland and Scotland sometimes OCAS and sometimes into places where there is no ILS.

That took a certain amount of creative flying!!! again a HAVE TO FLIGHT

HELICOPTERS!!! I would imagine that a lot is OCAS with very experienced have to pilots and a certain amount of creative flying!

The Helicopter pilot has another string to his bow in the sense that unlike the fixed wing pilot he can always find a hole in the clouds if above cloud and land in a suitable field or do the same if flying under cloud.

His other option with plenty of fuel is to go somewhere else but he too is a HAS TO PILOT!

I.e., Pace's mantra is a load of old
So I stick by every word and many will know what i am talking about. As I have been so forthcoming I would like to know your own back ground and experience especially with your polite comment above

Last edited by Pace; 23rd Jan 2013 at 16:54.