PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAR/EASA IR training
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 16:35
Aucky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Depends if you see a need/want to spend the extra on a MEIR too, as opposed to a SEIR, when if going to the NS you'll unlikely use that 355 rating. Whilst increasing your chances in direct comparison an IR is an IR and the conversion from SE to ME is not too onerous once you have the type rating (3hrs sim, 2hrs aircraft, proficiency check with any IR(E)). Not all employers require the ME and it could save you £12-15k.

You could for example consider the SE IR with BAC in Denmark, on the 206L for approximately £27k, and in recent years CHC have hired a number of pilots with this IR from this provider.

CHC and Bond have customers who are not OGP compliant.
Whilst Bristow would love all to 'require' this because it's great for their publicity/academy, I think most realise that it's a little OTT for the OGP guidelines to imply that someone with 180 hours & CPL from the Academy is THAT much better (if at all) than someone who trained with another reputable organisation with 1000+ hrs onshore single time, or even 250hours twin. Thankfully not all offshore clients require it, so they don't YET have a monopoly on all training for those wanting to make it to the NS.

Last edited by Aucky; 23rd Jan 2013 at 16:37.