PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Crash Central London
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 15:53
stuckgear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm. Reading from the AAIB...

Quote:
At 0731 hrs, having noticed how poor the weather was during his journey, the client called the pilot to suggest that he did not take off until he (the client) had reached Elstree and observed the weather. The pilot replied that he was already starting the engines. The client stated that he repeated his suggestion that the pilot should not take off.
and, damningly...

Quote:
@ 0729 from Pilot to Client: I’m coming anyway will land in a field if I have to
It would seem you need to adjust your motto somewhat. "There are those who choose to, those who have to, and those who don't have to but say '**** it, I'll land in a field if necessary' and set off when others would choose not to."
1. the client was not providing a meteorological report, only his assessment of the weather as how he interpreted it.

2. don't take a comment that was more likely made in humour with the client.
a. it was also noted that PB replied 'chat in 10' rather than a formal dialogue.

b. we know he didn't land in a field becuase err he didn't; he was in the process of RTB when the diversion occured.

again, this reverts back to spurious asessments of PB which are implied not fact based..