PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dumb arses and guns...
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 15:27
PTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm well aware of the basics of statistics having been married to a statistician for several years in the past.
What a ridiculous statement! I wouldn't ask my wife to fly a helicopter, nor would she claim to understand even the basics of it just because I can.
Maybe you should talk to your (presumably ex) wife about it then, since it's not you who has the qualifications and it's clearly not you who understands statistics.
I'm also aware that polling prior to Presidential elections selects a sample size in the 1000-1500 region and is often quite wrong
Are you aware of why they publish sample sizes, what the weightings for the polls are, why the different types of poll are relevant, and why they are inaccurate by the amount they are? Are you aware that Nate Silver had it pretty much spot on for the last presidential election due to the way in which he weighted the various samples he looked at, and the reasoning behind those weightings?
I'll continue to reject the study's findings if that's ok.
Like I said, not many people actually understand statistics. You're just another one, and you're rejecting data based on your preconceived conclusions.
Then, Sir, your powers of observation are lacking. The 2nd Amendment is alive and well and living in the USA and there is not much Barry and his cohorts are going to do about it.
You miss my point. I'm suggesting that not all the American people "know and understand the risks and responsibilities that come with the Second Amendment" by a long stretch, particularly the responsibilities part.

Your last point doesn't address my question at all. What relevance does your the fact that we have no voting power in the US have to do with our opinions?

Last edited by PTT; 23rd Jan 2013 at 15:28.