PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Crash Central London
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 12:59
stuckgear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remind us of the legal position of mobile phoning and texting while flying.
why dont you ?

there's no point in trying to correlate what is done behind the wheel of a motor vehicle and what is done in the cockpit. the police i would expect to take dim view of me writing stuff down in poor weather while cruising along the motorway, however, writing down a clearance while flying an aircraft would be typical.

know what CPDLC is ?

CPDLC - Controller-Pilot Data Link Communications. Direct communications between air traffic control and an aircraft pilot via data link text messages .

pilots as i am sure you are aware have a very high workload, while maintaining control of an aircraft they are talking, changing freq., squawks etc etc.

the aviation industry has very high levels of safety and regulations that are detailed and extensive further, they are co-ordinated internationally.

so your comments comapring aircraft safety regulation to PPE (hi viz vest, hard boots, hat and gloves) and stating that it is a mess, frankly shows your lack of comprehension of aviation regulations. As of course a PPL and not being commercially licenced.

Last edited by stuckgear; 24th Jan 2013 at 11:18.