PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 09:15
Gordomac

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
BLSA, remember the words of Dick Hughes in 1993 ; " This is NOT a proper airline, it is a Flying Club". FLYER, of course not, the previous applies to you too. They just forgot to withdraw the advert. It is a Flying Club damn it ! 40&80, I just wrote to the Staff Travel Office but doubt a reply as they never even respond to phone call attempts. (to me anyway, only did 17 years !). Wrote also to UK Office, the address you gave me, & I am thinking of writing to the Dep PM again, too. I will PM replies or post here if it is of general interest. Anyone got an email address for Staff Travel? Is Abdullah still there ?

Went to the GF Office in Nicosia but it is now a vehicle accessory shop.

Went to the airport at LCA & fabbo staff told me that the Airport Manager was on a Day Off ( I could see him hiding behind a pillar) but very pretty Rhula (no not Ruler) told me everything had to be done on line ( well, been trying to access for two years now !).

Gees, just after "thinking" of a GF flight to BAH in order to see old mates. Looks like I will have to trump up full fare but as a little old penshi, that means a serious savings plan. Checked the internet............boooo hooo, Easyjet do not go there.......yet .

Quick edit, I note that at first attempt, instead of "17 years" I hit "17 tears". Very apt. Answers why I always let the A340 go past the descent point & re-acted by knocking everything off & flying the rest of the trip in manual.................happy days, best thoughts going Eastward right now.