PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Italian tax authority after Ryanair pilots
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 09:05
Daniel_11000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A&C
It is now clear that you update yourself reading only junk sunday newspapers , as you show a lack even of the most basic understanding of the political and judicial system of a Country foreign to you,which you posing as a connoisseur.
The Italian judicial system has pursued for many years the former Prime Minister, sometime even winning in the first round, and this happened despite his institutional positions. So, do you so really think that the Italian justice system can then be afraid or shy of MOL? Come on, show us a little bit of your residual intelligence!
You fail to be aware that the Italian justice system has , in the first step of the investigation , nothing to do with the tax system. Following an assessment of GdF, unless it is a blatant case of tax fraud, the Ministry of Finance is the entity which requires the payment of any back taxes .
Similarily , the initial ‘trial’ is handled not by the judicial system, but the tributary functions of the Ministry of Finance , which impose to pay due taxes or unpaid back taxes.

I note ( but you noticed as well) that in post 62 it is written :
“The french investigation that caused Ryanair to close its Marseille base started sometimes in 2009 and the first court hearing is at the end of this month”
And this to me means that the French started in 2009 and will have a first court hearing
in jan-2013; but then you write:
“So if you are correct the Italian authorities raided Ryanair in 2009 and have taken until 2013 yet it is still to come before a court ! Not exactly the finest hour of the Italian justice system”
…. and this means that the Italians took exactly the same time span as the French to conclude the investigation..! So if “it is not the finest hour in the Italian justice system” , then I can correctly infer that “ it is not the finest hour in the French justice system “ as well .

But please, don’t be shy and do not stop to recommend better practices in the judicial system of other Countries, as this is an international forum and I suppose that many readers are enthusiastically waiting your opinions and suggestions on this topic.

A&C, if you just did knew just a little bit more about Italy than the bare minimum of 'spaghetti, pizza and mandolin', you would avoid yourself to make such a poor impression on a forum of professionals.
Did you a favor, mostly helpful for the remaining of your reputation – if any :stop telling bu...it on this forum, please, please !