PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Italian tax authority after Ryanair pilots
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 01:29
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rush for justice !

So if you are correct the Italian authorities raided Ryanair in 2009 and have taken until 2013 yet it is still to come before a court ! Not exactly the finest hour of the Italian justice system..........

If this as the simple open and shut care that you seem to think why has it taken so long ?

My guess is that until the financial crisis hit Italy there was no political will to take this case on, now that the cash is running out the govenment needs the money and so they act.

Dannyagilla you seem so sure that Ryanair will loose this case, have you considered the consequences of them winning ? Prehaps the italian authorities have considered this outcome and have been reluctant to persue course of action until the political pressure from above has forced their hand, maybe this is why it has been so slow to come to court ?

Finaly what do you think the chances are of the Italian courts getting this sorted in 2013 ? If I was a betting man I would have a few quid on this dragging on well past 2015 !