PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 21:26
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Racedo, can you explain to the Irish consumer how giving away 43 routes to a loss making regional carrier with non Irish connections is good for the consumer?
You want competition but now because its "non Irish" are you suggesting its somehow not good for the consumer.

As for loss making....................given Aer Lingus losses over last 5 years I don't think that can be used as a prerequisite as to who can fly the route.

And how giving away the London routes to an airline whose only interest is to shut the route and use the slots elsewhere?
I accept that for Ryanair it's an exceptionally good deal, particularly as you agree that after 3 years Ryanair would return and run the others off the route to create a monopoly. No question, win win for Ryanair. But the consumer would end up the loser, of that I think we can also agree.
BA have more than enough slots are LHR and why shut a route which makes money ? or are you suggesting that LHR routes loses money from Ireland ?

As for anything Ryanair would do then that is up to Ryanair board at that point in time.

3 years is a long time in Aviation and anything can occur in that time.