PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dumb arses and guns...
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 13:42
Ronald Reagan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its best to try and keep detached from the emotional side of things. We could look at having a ban on many things which kill people, alcohol kills people, both the drinker and others through causing violence and drink driving. It serves no purpose at all, so maybe it could be banned to. It would not effect me as I don't drink. But then I have to consider the right of those who wish to drink.

The most logical thing to do to prevent such a tragedy in a school again would be to have armed security at the schools, possibly armed teachers or even better a volunteer force of retired police/military etc. This way you make children safer in schools and you continue the freedom of the people to have guns, a true win win situation. Thinking back to Beslan in Russia we really need to consider the situation of security for our schools. I keep being told we are in a war on terror and such a big threat exists, yet schools and other soft locations remain totally undefended.

An interesting article here about the situation of guns in Israel and defence of schools:-
Are Israeli Teachers Armed? ‹ Jewish Preppers

Last edited by Ronald Reagan; 22nd Jan 2013 at 13:42.