PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas AIPA FWA Ruling Thurs 17th Jan
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 13:18
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

.... if you factor in the higher hourly rate you actually make more in shorthaul compared to the 767.
A colleague of mine crunched the numbers and 68 stick on the SH award equals the pay for 80 credit hours. Then I looked at my stick hours for the bid period and was shocked to see them at 71 for my 80 credit hours. So I did 3 hours more flying time carrying 1/3 more pax than a 737 for the same money and you're calling me inefficient?

There are very, very few one day trips these days where you have a win with MDC. There are ultiple times in the last few months where I've exceeded MDC by a considerable margin- at least by 767 standards. Five day trips worth 30+ hours and 29:45 stick in some cases. Before 5:30 we used to do 10:45 tours of duty for 4 hours stick pay and lots of time on 'airport reserve'.

Quite the contrary to Stalin's Brother, I think the company is starting to do a very bloody good job at cashing in on it. The company has become much more efficient these days at getting the flying done with the least amount of crew, trips, etc.

Last edited by Keg; 22nd Jan 2013 at 13:23.