PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Airways
Thread: Thomson Airways
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 12:59
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thomson Offers by E.Mail Fiasco

Well I have finally given up! After several years of being signed up to receive Thomson flight and holiday offers via e.mail I have reluctantly 'unsubscribed'.

In spite of re-checking my preference settings (again) just two weeks ago, with 'Manchester' listed as my local airport as befits my registered Manchester address, the same old thing happened again. A list of twelve offers from Doncaster Airport to eight destinations (all served by TOM from MAN). And for good measure two offers departing LBA and one from BHX, again to destinations served by TOM from MAN. There were NO offers from MAN.

As Thomson seem determined to waste my time I have now unsubscribed from their e.mail offers. Are they sending out this rubbish to everybody registered in the Manchester area with 'Manchester' selected as preferred departure point? What exactly has happened? Has the marketing department been overrun by geographically-challenged buffoons or is it the IT system which has imploded?

Anyway, I won't be signing up for Thomson offers again until I can be confident they've sorted the problems and got their act together.