PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion: thread Mk 2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2013, 12:47
Wagging Finger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the risk of feeding the troll, Ye Olde Pilot (or should that be Pilote?)
If it's not a rude question what exactly does the observer do to make the job so
indispensable?

It ain't rocket science and a lot easier than a plod on the beat.
Apart from, years of experience of Policing on the ground in a variety of fields, thus bringing valuable knowledge of how ground units operate. The observers are the job!

At the risk of annoying every Police line pilot on here, and I have no intention of lessening their contribution to the role.

It's a Police aircraft, its there to do a Police role. Without a Police person on board its a bit pointless the aircraft being there. The Pilot takes us from A to B in a safe manner and keeps us safe throughout the flight. The Police do the vital work of communicating the picture from above verbally to the units on the ground in a manner that they can understand.

And YOP, having worked the ground I would not say it's easier, just different. There are lot's of policing roles I wouldn't/couldn't do, likewise there are lots of Police Officers that couldn't/wouldn't do my job.

Once again apologies to any Police pilots on here, I do not mean to lessen your contribution in any way.

Troll, come out come out wherever you are