PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Info on Air NZ jet fleet recruitment
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2013, 21:41
BalusKaptan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting comments.
As a Kiwi having been offshore for over 35 years and observing the shenanigans that we all know go on, relatively new joiners to my current company..less than 10 years.. have applied and been accepted by ANZ (all Kiwis, generally ex NZ G.A. or Air Force). These lads (nothing against the Ladies but as yet to my knowledge none have applied) have around 5 - 10 years 747/777/330/340 FO time and ANZ seem to be falling over themselves to employ them. Good on them. My current employer seems to think experience means nothing but high cost and is happy to see them go as their annual increments cost management additional bonuses and after all, they can employee non pilots, train them from scratch and they'll be excellent Captains in just a few years. Oh yea?? Watch this space. Upgrade time from Cadet to JFO to FO already doubled, Commands slowed as no FOs to crew flights. Even with the current slow down flights are being cancelled due lack of crew. With only a short time to retirement I'm watching with amusement and take my hat off to ANZ management who are currently taking the experienced folk from those carriers who think they can treat their new hires like absolute rubbish.