PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2013, 21:03
ballyctid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cloud1 wrote...

Just wanted to say bravo to the BE workers in the skies, on the ground and in the Ops department for their efforts over the last 48 hours. Even this evening as weather grounds aircraft in CDG with a large number of cancellations, Flybe are delaying departures and getting people back home in the UK. It may be later than they wanted, but at least its not a night in the airport - which with so many cancellations and limited hotel space would have the end result.

Too many people complain about this company. They do not always get it right and no doubt passengers will still moan about the delays over the last few days, but when considering what could have happened I think the wider BE team have pulled out all the stops to minimise disruption as much as they can.

"Helping getting PAX back to the UK!"

You're having a laugh, I was, and still am, in Milan Malpensa, I was due to fly back last Friday on the BE7114 to BHX. I was given a heads up 3 hours before the "official" cancellation of the flight that it wouldn't be operating.

I went to the BA/FlyBe desk and asked to change to the MAN flight so I could at least get somewhere near home for the weekend, a phone call to "FlyBe" by the local staff and they refused to change me until the flight was officially cancelled.

By the time that happened the MAN flight had closed leaving me stranded for the weekend, what a shambolic operation they are, and I do have first hand knowledge of them as I used to work for them!

Last edited by ballyctid; 21st Jan 2013 at 21:06.