PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2013, 16:05
Zag23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2 customer service( lack of! )

This is an account of how Jet2 can treat its customers. My mother and father are just back from Tenerife, while there, they met an older couple (he 82years, her 77) from Belfast. The couple were due to fly back to Belfast with Jet2 on Friday at 1335 but tragically the man suffered a heart-attack at approx 11.30 on Thursday night. The couple were staying in Playa de Americas and the man was transfered to intensive care in Santa Cruz early on Friday morning. My mother and father went with his wife to the hospital but unfortunately the gentleman was pronounced clinically dead shortly after. There was very little the poor gentlemans wife could do, so they decided it was best that she should return home as soon as possible. As it was not possible for his wife to get her original Jet2 flight, my father tried to cancel these and get her on the TCX flight with them the following day ( Saturday ). My father phoned Jet2 at approx 10 am on Friday and explained the situation and asked that the couples flights be cancelled in order to receive a refund. He was told that customers must contact Jet2 a minimum of 4 hours before departure to cancel and that these were the rules. After again explaining the situation, he was again told that these were THE RULES of Jet2. He asked to speak to a supervisor who again trotted out the Jet2 rules policy. My father then booked the lady onto his Saturday TCX flight with extra 30 kilo baggage allowance. Realizing when they got to TFS that because the lady was taking her deceased husbands luggage home as well and would be over the 30kg, my father went to see the TCX rep. The rep went with them to check-in and when the luggage came up as overweight waived it through without a word said. When they all boarded the plane, my father explained the situation to a member of cabin crew who brought the lady a pillow, blanket and cup of tea. All the TCX staff showed compassion and sensitivity throughout whereas Jet2 behaved like a shower of .