PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Italian tax authority after Ryanair pilots
Old 21st Jan 2013, 12:08
linmar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A and C:

You are probably right, Ryanair will move out of Italy and fly in and out of the country instead. But, that would mean that a second country in the EU is pushing Ryanair out. France did the same a few years back as I'm sure you remember.

So, what if Spain follows suit? And Denmark? And Holland? And Sweden? Soon enough I guess he will have to stick to a Dublin base... Voices are raised in the matter not only concering Ryanair but there are a lot of companies out there doing virtually the same. Google, for example, is according to experts making hundreds of millions of euros in profit from the Swedish market but as they're legally based in, that's right, Ireland the company payed only some tens of thousands of euros in taxes. [EDIT: In Sweden that is]

Still, the best thing would obviously be that the matter is solved in Brussels, but the chances of that happening anytime soon are slim I suppose...

I still have my hopes up that the unfair competition that is in place at the moment will eventually be level again and that companies that are not operating in the grey areas of the law will come back strong and profitable.

Last edited by linmar; 21st Jan 2013 at 12:09.