PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I need your advice regarding volunteering
Old 21st Jan 2013, 08:05
Flyaways

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are unable to be trusted to do this small job to the best of your abilities and not moan about it then how are they ever going to offer you anything else
It's not that I can't be trusted to do it. I did the washing up fine on that day. I didn't smash or break anything and I cleaned everything well (I didn't miss anything). I was given the option to carry on or not. Choosing not to carry on doesn't mean I can't be trusted to wash up, i'm sure if I carried on they would happily have me doing a shift each week because I didn't do anything that makes me look untrustworthy. I did everything they asked and I asked if there was anything else I could help with.

So I don't think this means I am 'unable to be trusted' to do the job, it just means that I didn't want to do it.

If I had been breaking glasses, missing bits or not putting things in the right places then that would be showing I couldn't be trusted to do the job.

Moaning about a job and being trusted to do it is two different things. I can moan as much as I like about a job but that doesn't mean I can't be trusted to do it. When I had a Christmas job in retail I used to moan about it when I got home- that doesn't mean I couldn't be trusted to do it.

--

Thanks for understanding dp! One of the Uni courses I applied to had 'Pilot Training' as part of it. It's an aerospace degree and as part of the course you learn the PPL ground school and get flying lessons (You have to pay, but you get them discounted).

--

J.A.F.O., I'm not sure if being a commercial pilot is for me. After being on this forum it looks like it's pretty tough to get a job without a lot of hours. I'll be focusing on a PPL for the time being, maybe if I get the money and time I could look towards being a flying instructor/ running a little flying school.

Last edited by Flyaways; 21st Jan 2013 at 08:09.