PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - M1 Visa or no Visa and SEVIS approved schools in the USA
Old 21st Jan 2013, 07:35
cyrilroy21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone

I have a small query regarding the B1/B2 visa

I have been to the US twice before .

The first time was on an M1 visa for flight training . The second time on a B1/B2 visa for about 20-25 hours of flying ( as required by the Indian DGCA to be current before converting a license )

When I went for the visa interview for the B1/B2 visa the interviewer told me that she sees no reason to reject my case however put me on ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING , gave me pink slip with a bunch of questions and asked me to email the answers to them .
They withheld my passport with them .

I came back home , emailed the questions and one month later my visa was approved and they sent my passport back home with the annotation CLEARANCE RECEIVED . The visa had a validity of 1 year . Normally they give it for 10 years .

At the time of the interview the consular officer told me to renew the visa before it expires or upto 1 year after it expires and I should receive a B1/B2 visa for 10 years .

I have two questions

1) Should I renew the visa ?
While the visa expired in Dec 2012 , I have until Dec 2013 to decide whether to a get a new one or not .
I have no reason to visit the US in the near future . I have some relatives who have been asking me to come and pay them a visit for quite some time but other than that I have no other reason to present my case to a Consular Officer as to why I want to renew my visa .
I am also afraid that in case my application is rejected it might dampen my chances of getting another visa ( should I need one somewhere down the line )

2) On the visa application form it asks if I have ever been denied a US visa ?While application was not denied , it was put on hold pending a security clearance .
Do i answer YES or NO

All answers will be appreciated