PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANOTHER bail-out for SAA!!!
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2013, 22:58
Syckes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAL v SAA

This is WAY past the point of being ridiculous.

SAL was a source of pride. Even with embargo's and over flight restrictions they did remarkably well considering they were forced to buy new aircraft to keep routes open. Yes, they didn't make loads of money and also had to ask the tax payer to bail them out with a loan once or twice but that is just what it was, a loan that had to be paid back. I know this for a fact. Point is they were held ACCOUNTABLE!!!!

SAA now, people are appointed were they don't belong, they squander what they don't have cause money is after all only a piece of paper printed by the machine at the bank. They abuse what the hand that feeds cause there is no accountability whatsoever.

I reckon the ship can still be saved from going under and get back to being very profitable but for that to happen they need to get the right people at the helm. For that this BEE nonsense needs to be abolished. I'm not saying don't appoint black people, by all means if he/she can actually do the job and can be held accountable do that, but appoint the person who can do the job in it not just because he/she is a government correct friend. They are out there. If government can realize that and let the people who know what they are doing go, the ship should be able to right itself.

If the will and vision is there, a way can be found but without that in place the cycle is just going to continue. And looking at the visionless government, it doesn't seem it will end any time soon. Sad really!