PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CSA China Southern!
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2013, 21:23
woodja51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
De ice

Last week ex CDG was around zero deg for the early mornng departure... Lots of deicing going on around the ramp but clear skies etc.. Our wing had some clear ice and frost etc which concerned me during walkaround. We transferred the outers before refuel ( which seems a bit new to the chinese crew- see fcom cold fuel ) as they always land with outers full as fuel is never an issue.

I mentioned to the chinese captain about deicing and he seemed keen to take my advice without a problem.. As it was we both asked the air france engineer his thoughts and he said it was fine to go as it was pretty mch gone by departure.

Point ... Csa guys seem okay taking advice to do safe thing with out issue. Having said that the newspapers on windows then using weather radar to avoid buildups rather than MK1 eyeball during a day flight seems odd to me....?

Otherwise, the 330 operation seems pretty reasonable to me ( ozzi expat captain 12 years with Emirates , so got a reasonable benchmark to work with )

Honestly I like the way Csa dont get wrapped around axles over use of correct coloured bic for paperwork etc myself...

And they seem keen to take foreign pilots suggestions on board , especially the first officers...for intelligent use of systems / decisions etc.

Overall i feel pretty safe