PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe - 6
Thread: FlyBe - 6
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2013, 21:10
vectisman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has been a fairly quiet thread in recent weeks.
I have been wondering recently how Easyjet can run double daily on A319 to Belfast from Newcastle whilst Flybe operate twice daily only on some days on the Dash 8. Are Flybe and Easyjet targeting different markets? Likewise on some other uk domestic routes where competition is less. I know the market is tough but in as I have said before less demand may follow frequency cuts rather than the otherway around!
For example I will tend to fly to Newcastle from LHR than Southampton these days even though I live very close to Southampton because the timings suit me. Also at the fares at BA are competitive even after allowing for petrol money and car parking at Terminal 5. A couple of years back with 4 flights a day from Southampton Flybe nearly always got the business.
Personally although I know the Dash 8s have allowed Flybe to expand in recent years, I think the quicker they expand the E175 fleet the better. Then they can compete more effectively. I have been disappointed to see them retreat rather than fight their corner on several routes during the past year or so.

V.