PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Flight!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2013, 19:35
ecosse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flight went fantastic!!! considering its the first time, ever flying something other than a flex wing

Managed to taxi, take off, fly straight and level, do some nice turns without help from the instructor,or without loosing altitude, Not by any means perfect I'm sure, but thought i done not too bad.

All my microlight training certainly helped,i noticed this when i found myself monitoring my speed, hight , climb and descent, temps and pressures etc.

We just flew some big circuits, as the weather wasn't to good elsewhere, we met with some frozen water here and there. made some turns to avoid it, then time to fly back!!

The landing was very.... mum!!! rough!!! i managed it with very little help from the instructor, he took care off the throttle, i was far to busy to do that too!!!

55 minutes later The PA38 is still in one piece though and next time I'm sure i can handle the landing a bit better.

Too sum it up both school and instructor were very professional, he was easy to talk too, the aircraft was very good, though next time i will give the 152 a shot.

Last edited by ecosse; 20th Jan 2013 at 19:55.