PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye Heathrow Tower
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2013, 16:35
HEATHROW DIRECTOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last I heard of Harry was he was living in the USA but I don't know if he is still with us. Before I left the Tower in 1993, Harry visited us. He was wearing the most incredible pair of cowboy boots you have ever seen. A few stories:

1. Harry had a Wurlitzer organ. Just how competent he was with it I don't know. He didn't bring it to work.

2. Ernie Abery came in one day to take over from Harry. Like most of us, Harry seemed a bit nervous of Ernie so to make small talk he said: "I see QPR has gone down". Ernie walked purposefully across the room and studied the met TV!

3. Cessna 310 had a gear problem and did a fly-by for us to look. As usual the Sup (Harry) called to the Air Man that he would tell the AFS when the twitcher was #1. Problem is, nobody told Harry the twitcher was on a fly-by. The AFS had a great time chasing it down 10L.....

4. Harry's log entries were legendary. For something concerning an outbound he would always put the FPLN details. So.... "Bealine XXX "EGLL, Amber 1, Green 3, Blue 4, White 19 to Roma, delayed five minutes for catering".

Amazing that he flew Canberras but as M said, he was a really nice bloke.

Now, who has any stories about JK...