PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi regional recruitment
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2013, 11:20
Jenson Button

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is no BH involved with bmi Regional. That chap left for the Far East in search of fortune. There have been a number of changes to the management of the company and it is all well documented. Reggie is a stand alone outfit - do your research if interested in joining them.

They are (possibly were) overcrewed for the winter due to the loss of the Brussels contract and the fact that they pulled out of wet lease operations for the previous parent company at LHR. There are no and will not be any future operations at LHR for Reggie(unless an expensive charter or Harry Potter gets involved).

If you get invited for an interview this spring its unlikely to be an embraer 145 sim as the only two in europe are in Paris or Zurich (I stand to be corrected). None in the UK, so if its a sim ride in the UK it will probably be a boeing or something.

Possible recruitment. Quite likely, but I think the CP has probably already got a list of people ready to go (though likely that some of those already have jobs). There will be a small influx of people as there has been natural wastage over the winter period and it will need recruitment to operate the number of airframes Reggie currently has. If joining Reggie to progress to virgin or Tommyfly you might be better off gambling your money on a boeing or bus rating and pimping yourself for 5-10 years. If you want a reasonably stable home life, home most nights in any part of the country other than the South East then i might be a perfect fit. Most recruitment over the last 10 years has been people who had some commercial experience with minimum 500 hours. The base of your choice can come up immediately depending on circumstances or you could be left wanting for a few years - if your going to grumble about being stuck in a base you didnt want nobody is really going to listen to your whining as everyone has already got the Tshirt.

Don't PM me, I don't work there.

Off to polish my new car.

Last edited by Jenson Button; 20th Jan 2013 at 11:22.