PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EVS minima in Europe part 91
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2013, 03:02
fox2kill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVS minima in Europe part 91

Tom35;

Please indulge me as I attempt to rebuild your SA on this complicated subject.

No, your pilots do not have to get Cat II qualified in order to use EVS to meet the visibility requirements of a Standard Category I approach. An earlier post cited the following: "Operators conducting approach operations utilising EVS with RVR of 800 m or less shall comply with the requirements of Appendix 1 to OPS 1.450 — Low Visibility Operations — Training and Qualifications applicable to Category II operations to include the requirements applicable to HUD." This statement was extracted from Appendix 1 to EU OPS 1.450, which is not relevant to Standard Category I approaches.

Both FlightSafety and CAE will be ready for your training. Their courses must be approved by the regulators, who will ensure they meet all the requirements expressed in EU OPS 1, FAA AC 90-106, and the EASA OSB Report on the Falcon 7X (see http://www.easa.europa.eu/certificat...nt%20Final.pdf).

Contact your training-provider to get help in adding the right stuff to your AOC, Operations Manual, and training programs.

Don't worry, EVS is all-good.