PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dumb arses and guns...
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2013, 22:30
brickhistory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keesje, good for you and I'm glad you have your opinion. I also respect what your government does or does not to regarding your ability to own weapons.

Why is it too much to ask for the same courtesy?

para, why should I store my weapons anywhere but where I choose? Your scenario presumes some sort of registry, which I, and most gun-owners are against, to ensure compliance with the 'armory' storage. Such a universal register would be, and has been in some locales, the first step in government confiscation of said weapons when it decided those guns were suddently illegal.

Secondly, I and most gun-owners, do take precautions regarding safe and secure storage of my weapons. I do not need the state to tell me what I must do and subject me to their restrictions.

Thirdly, although your intent was clear, when you included 'semi-autos' in your plan, you eliminated the, probably, majority of handguns. Semi sales have far exceeded revolver sales for quite a while now. To the extent where some of the best revolvers are no longer produced due to lack of sales. Semi-auto handguns, on the other hand, sell like mad.

Stupidity by legal gun-owners and illegal activity by criminals is the issue. Human behavior of the relative few, not the reasonable care exercised by the vast majority, is the culprit. Not the implement itself.