PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter - v - crane LONDON
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2013, 17:05
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 466 Likes on 246 Posts
Thankyou BOAC I did look and saw that you have now amended your profile from simply "UK".

Apart from that, thanks again, you obviously went to some trouble to fully reinforce the main point raised in my latter paragraph!

-----------------------------

I'm obviously no expert to someone of your all-knowing magnificence, and never could be, for daring to try to explain something to you about how helicopters are operated on the helicopter routes, over which you appeared to have some confusion. My apology, I won't try such a thing again.

However, to show just how thick-skinned and stubborn I can be, please deign to allow me to put forward a probably feeble but well intended attempt to answer SASless's earlier question about the A109E and icing conditions:

My copy of the "E" model RFM is no longer up to date but the following words appear therein (AFAIK there has been no change to the icing clearance for the basic aircraft).

LIMITATIONS

TYPE OF OPERATION

This helicopter, in the basic configuration, is approved for operation under day and night VFR, non-icing conditions.
The IFR configured helicopter is certified for IFR operations during day and night, non-icing conditions.

SASless, hope this is of some use, me old mucker!