PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for some opinions on S-61's
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2013, 09:07
afghan stan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for some opinions on S-61's

I would appreciate any input that you may have on these procedures.

1. Allowable TQ splits during all regimes of flight? Do we disregard TQ split and match T5, or Ng? why or why not? Does it put an unequal amount of stress on one input verses the other when TQ's are unmatched? I have always try to use the no more than 5% split.

2. Is it acceptable to abruptly release the rotor brake during rotor engagement? Is it harder on the input if we engage with only one engine started? I pull the brake out of the lock while still holding pressure and as ng accelerates 2% I gently release pressure off with the brake.

3. is it acceptable to land with the Tail wheel unlocked? engine failure on approach with the possibility of needing to run on or tail rotor failure. With he unpinned tail wheel wouldn't it add to the possibility of rolling the aircraft over on touchdown?

4. is it acceptable to ground taxi,sit loading pax and refueling with the AFCS engage? possible hard over on the ground and or loss of gyros on ground. Plus the AFCS will try to compensate for attitudes during taxi on uneven surfaces.

5. what is our minimum TQ (0%,10%, 20%)when descending to land? to reduce the chances freewheeling of the inputs and will descend with the collective bottomed out. Some guys say that it's okay for the inputs to freewheel as long as you reengage smoothly. Does it put any undue wear on the bearings when Freewheeling and is it okay when you hear the inputs whining?