PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dreaming of flying a jet (specially to you older guys!)
Old 19th Jan 2013, 01:39
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Some here, really take these forums much to seriously! How better can I entertain myself than when I am sitting in this X. ing hotel !!
Not me personally 'cause I'm a married man, but mate, if you really need it spelled out to you how most pilots keep themselves entertained when they're sitting in hotels ...

I know it's blowing a blizzard in Europe at the moment and you're grinding it out on European shorthaul but that's why people do it for a couple years, then move to EK or Virgin and bid for Bali and Seychelles trips. The boredom of the cruise (of which you know NOTHING about yet, young jedi ) is suddenly a minor inconvenience

But you really need to do something about that negative, unmotivated, argumentative attitude and grow a pair, if you want a crack at a decent longhaul job one day and all the perks that go with it. A wise old Qantas training captain said to me in the pub one evening "we know they can do the job or we wouldn't have called them for the interview. What we are interested in is whether we can sit next to them for 12 hours with getting pissed off with them".

Read this thread again in its' entirety and think about it young man ...