View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2013, 19:40
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 425 Likes on 224 Posts
Lemain,

"Great, I have your attention"
A lecturer of mine from forty years ago used to use a phrase like that when he had been caught out himself. From a few things you've written, it appeared that you know little about basic aviation law.

Let's assume instead you were trying to catch me out with a scenario that could not happen. The answer lies in the knowledge of the rules.

There has been a tragic loss of life. This thread (and the one on Rotorheads) has produced a whole lot of false information from armchair "Aviation experts" to the point of nonsense (I thought I'd never say Jim Ferguson isn't so bad after all...but..).

I've tried to post a few facts, from my own directly relevant and current knowledge of the profession; hopefully giving a little balance.

As I already posted, in the one you didn't fully read, I wrote that this accident was very close to home in my particular case. I will await the AAIB report with interest because the fallout from it (and there will be some, I'm sure) is very pertinent to all of us who fly in this sometimes extremely demanding role.

I do have my own theory about what could have happened; my colleagues in the same part of the profession will also have theirs.

I politely suggest you start another thread if you want to debate aircraft lighting; I have no desire to do so here. Thanks.