PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2013, 17:59
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monarch

cloudy1

I will start with May as it is a lot easier.

May will start with 8 units with the 9th arriving on Wednesday 22/5/2013, which is the day Bordeaux appears to start. I haven't checked later in the summer schedule yet to see if this reduces or all 9 continue until winter.

April is unbelievably bad and I convinced myself they were waiting for confirmation of new aircraft deliveries and by the first week in January they will release a load more flights fully utilizing six aircraft.

I assume it is not about aircraft delivery but more about an early Easter, as the 4/5 based units barely do anything.

Considering last year it was four busy units plus four BMI Baby based I am surprised that they have cut it to 4/5 units doing very little even with Easter that bit earlier - my two go back to school 16/4/2013 so it is not that early. Examples of the scale of cutbacks, Malaga, Faro, Alicante have always been daily from the end of March matching FR on AGP and ALC and slightly ahead of BMI baby, as they were 4-6 a week.

This year Malaga is four a week, Alicante five and Faro three. Last year Almeria (every year), Mahon (every year), Palma (every year) and Dalaman (last year) all operated and not a single flight. Las Palmas is weekly and so is FUE. TFS when the schedule was first released was daily plus a second on a Tuesday and Friday - now it is just six a week.

Wednesday I can only find three flights all day, Monday uses four but one doesn't start until after midday.

I am sure Saturday had a Las Palmas depart in the afternoon but this has gone and the aircraft does nothing.

Pete