PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dreaming of flying a jet (specially to you older guys!)
Old 18th Jan 2013, 17:57
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cgwhitemonk11 Who are you? Goose, Maverick or Iceman?

You not one of the older guys going into the business, pretty sure you really don't have anybody you need to consider in your life, other than your own pumped ego! Congratulations on the steep-turns, vow... that sounds to be an amazing exciting adventure, for you..........

sapco2 - "Bosses like MO thrive on the enthusiasm and professionalism pilots display and they have simply tapped into the business idea of exploiting that passion. Therein lies our real problem!"

That's one of the smartest comments I have heard, I don't feel injustice by the way, it is what it is, I knew that from the start!

To many are willing to let themselves be sucked dry, to achieve this "dream" - end of the day, this plays into the hands of the airlines, and the gullibility of people interested in aviation!

What makes this job for some so attractive, that they are willing to put themselves trough all the hardships and obvious negative effects the job can and will bring for many?

I am not pretending to be any holier that holier person in this case myself, wtf, part of becoming a professional is to realize it is exactly that, a profession!

There will come a day, when the attraction of the passion will get worn, it's so immature to believe it is a game, playing with big planes, as your toys! I find it hilarious how this culture is being nurtured, and so many get sucked into it!
First of all it is a commercial business, we all know that, nobody needs to highlight that for me!

Maybe it's just me, but I thought it would be more challenging to be an airline pilot, instead I found out my biggest challenge is to calculate how many tea-bags I need to bring with me for a days of operations!
And what movies the captain has got on his IPAD today! Do I need to bring my own selection, or??

Some here, really take these forums much to seriously! How better can I entertain myself than when I am sitting in this X. ing hotel !!

Last edited by truckflyer; 18th Jan 2013 at 17:59.