PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dreaming of flying a jet (specially to you older guys!)
Old 18th Jan 2013, 15:19
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealzebub - you are not really the target group for the post, however you are welcome to voice your opinion!

No attack was intended, until I got attacked!

And yes, sure, I moan and moan on the flight deck, Torque - seriously? Do I really seem that stupid?

However I have met several, and much more than an handful of both captains and first officiers, who have moaned, much more than I have done here, as I do find much excitement in parts of the job!

Neither am I fragile soul, who has problems with working adverse hours etc., this is not an issue for me, myself, but for sure could be an issue for people considering a career change! Eyes wide open? Many havent got that!

And to talk about TC's, well you have to be in it, to be able to do something with it, as you guys who already was in it, did not do eff all, and just let it degrade!

Of course a forum discussion is to open debate about topics, and get different views, not just the one who tries to play the good old wise man, thinks he knows everything, when its very clear some know a lot, but still know very little!

Having come from the bottom, I knew, I could not be picky where I went, if I wanted to follow my "dream" well, beggars can't be choosers! Being inside I can see much more, should I not voice my opinion because I am inside?

Have I exaggerated some of the topics a bit, for sure I have, but believe me, there are guys with much more experience than me, that feel like I have explained and even worse!

However at least I got paid during my training, not like some others who willingly parts with large amounts of cash on their P2F schemes around the world!

I constantly read countless posts, of the "to old" question, the fact is that if you have passed 40.th, and never had a flight hour, you are to old to start this, you might get lucky, but that is rather the exception than the rule! So many here, goes in the middle, ah it's never to late, you only have one life, you might regret or go for it, not many of you are blunt enough to say the real best advice, which is don't do it!
Of course, unless you are willing to accept this bla bla bla bla!

End of the line, expect nothing, hope for the best, it's close to winning the lottery!

It amuses me to see, that because I write a few opinions, I am considered not to be fit to be a pilot by some of you! Isn't that what has got the whole industry into this mess, that you never was able to make up your opinion to support each other and work together to stop the bad TC's in the industry!

Like Bealzebub, (no personal attack intended) - you have many good posts about the industry, some even longer than mine, some makes me fall asleep after I got 1/4 down the post! You have your views of what is good, wrong, bad etc. Now I am looking at this with another set of eyes, having been innovative in my own past business and life, and always worked hard - and been fairly successful, what makes you think that I am a nutter?

That's the way you try to post "degrading" comments, to me I don't really care, and your "fans" love to jump on the bandwagon!

Oh poor little souls, personal attacks... how f.. personal can it be, I don't know you, or anybody else!
When - Austrian Airlines pilot, with over 10.000 hours, tells me during our training together, he could not care less about flying, been flying for over 16 years, he does it for the money, only! The fact is, that what other skill does this pilot have, where he will make this kind of money, to support this lifestyle!

For some it might stay a passion, for some, it might just become what it is, a job! For me? I do love it, whatever I feel and have mixed emotions about it, shows how something you love, can still have it's issues!

Maybe I should just keep quiet, and follow the masses, and be a silent mouse, than again if I was like that, I would have achieved what I have done until now in my life!