PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas AIPA FWA Ruling Thurs 17th Jan
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2013, 11:06
Bazzamundi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big picture guys. What was the fight about to start with? The right to secure our flying as opposed to it being farmed out to the lowest bidders? As it had been under our contract for the last few years?

So the contract stays the same. The endless undercutting and rise of Jetstar, to be followed by QF link, and any other entity they dream will accelerate. Not to mention the big middle eastern shark looming with the scent of blood and our managers keenly feeding their own to it. Why? Because what can we do about it now? Repeat this dose in 2 years? Contract stays the same, and here people think they have had a big win when all they have done is ensure things continue down the same path.

I see it sadly as QF spending a couple of hundred million in order to break up the group and pit us all against each other. Will that be money well spent? Only time will tell.

I also think the next 6 months will reveal a lot. I wonder where QF international will be sitting in 12 months from now? It will get messy, and we are now bound by our contract to cop it royal, with nothing we can do.

As Fed Sec will point out, signing the deal does not end the pain. For some it is only the beginning.

Last edited by Bazzamundi; 18th Jan 2013 at 11:08.