PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dumb arses and guns...
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2013, 09:06
bcgallacher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PTT - I suggest you read my post again as you appear to be under the mistaken belief that the 173 figure for children under five refers to UK figures - it in fact refers to US children under five years of age in 2008 and 2009. In the UK for the last 5 years at least I have not heard of a single shooting death of a child of under five. As far as the 120000 figure is concerned it is quite feasable as in an average year 23000 die from gunshot wounds in the USA. The fact is unlike any other industrialised nation,the citizens of the USA shoot each other and themselves at an extremely high rate. What can be done about it? absolutely nothing as the guns are already in society and impossible to remove.In my little country we suffered one school massacre in Dunblane - we may have another as you cannot account for every maniac in society but at least we have tried to minimise the risk. If we need a gun we can legally get one but we do not have to fear our fellow citizens the way it seems to be in the US.School massacres seem to happen at regular intervals in your country - next time have a serious think about how to reduce them - the solution is not more guns.