PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dreaming of flying a jet (specially to you older guys!)
Old 18th Jan 2013, 08:43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truckflyer - I can see what you are trying to do by making career changers aware of some of the realities of airline flying, but you're not helping yourself when you start attacking regular contributors to the forum.

Given the inflammatory nature of some of your comments, you knew full well that you were going to cop some flack. If you weren't so blunt and forceful, I think your well meant attempt to enlighten people would have been better received. Having a go and retaliating when the eneviatable comments roll in, just makes matters worse. You couldn't have possibly thought that everyone would agree with everything that you said and how you put it!?

I appreciate what you are trying to do and that is admirable but I just think you haven't gone about it as well as you could have. Perhaps I am wrong and you intended to stir things and people up, but I don't think so.

Getting into any TP or jet airline is impressive, let alone at the age of 44. Without speculating, all I will say is that I would be amazed if it was Ryan given their apparent block on anyone over the age of 30.

Looks like you have some soul searching to do given the realities of your new profession. Good luck with that but it's not going to help having a go at people along the way.

Last edited by 119.35; 18th Jan 2013 at 08:46.