PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dreaming of flying a jet (specially to you older guys!)
Old 18th Jan 2013, 00:26
Torque Tonight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeez. Is is thread worthy of a serious reply? I'm going to sleep on that before I waste my time.

Initial thoughts are that if you can't hack four short haul sectors as a jumpseater then frankly you need to man up. If you entered the industry with false expectations then you have only yourself to blame for lack of research, particularly as a 'grown up'. if you can earn so much more elsewhere and you dislike airline flying so much then perhaps off there you should go. Help shift the pilots/jobs ratio back one notch in the right direction by withdrawing yourself and leaving it to those that actually enjoy the job. You will find little sympathy here.

The only positive that can come of such a ludicrous thread is if it forces starry eyed wannabees to reconsider whether the reality of the job is what they want. There's a definite merit in working in a different industry and just flying light aircraft for fun. If however you choose to commit to the career don't come looking for hugs when you find out you have to get up early in the morning.

Last edited by Torque Tonight; 18th Jan 2013 at 00:28.