PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA Grounds 787s
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2013, 23:20
Lemain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few hours ago Airbus CEO Fabrice Bregier said he saw no reason to change "the A350's architecture", apparently meaning not only the use of lithium ion batteries but the charging, safety, power distribution, and other related schemes.
But then there haven't (I think?) been even insider rumours that Airbus have a problem? So why would they change the design? The cost would be to the moon...engineering, trials, certifications, spares,.... So why have we a problem with Boeing? Is it the charging system? The rating (Ah vs service duty and average amps in amps out)? Is it located in a bad spot? Surely not, as one ?engineer suggested earlier here a liquid cooling system for a tiddly little APU battery

Seems to me that we need to combine every professional in the business to help sort this problem and reassure the public and press. Press and public, more like.

If the 787 fails to meet market approval the consequences on aviation will be deep and bloody. It'll also open the door to the east. I'd rather keep the EU and US duopoly going.