PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RT licence on renwal
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2013, 21:44
Steve6443

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this has probably been asked times . but can i get a quick fix i held a uk ppl
then flew on uk proffecional licence for 20 years my ppl is life and the last issue of my commercial expired 10 years ago, i am told to revalidate my ppl as esa i must retake rt at cost , i thought the associated rt licence,were valid as long as THE licence ie life for the ppl, shame to have to renew rt after years as a f/o on the atlantic and in out lhr, but i guess it's money in the civil service pension fund
Troll alert? with 72 posts??? Hmmm.....

Something doesn't ring true here. as far as I recall, UK PPLs aren't "for life", you have class ratings which are valid for 2 years whilst the validity of the old (JAR) PPL was for 5 years, at which time you had to request it's renewal - only the new EASA PPL is valid for life, however the class ratings are still only valid for 2 years.

As for R/T, the issue could be something to do with language competency?? After all, EASA requires you to have a certain competency noted. If your PPL had expired, you didn't have the Level 4 added to your licence hence needing to redo the whole R/T.

Last edited by Steve6443; 17th Jan 2013 at 21:45.