PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Crash Central London
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2013, 20:43
Lemain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The crane may well be a contributing factor, but I don't see it being the cause of this mishap.
Maybe, but consider: One nice spring morning I rent PA28 for a couple of hours fun time. Well, if you call time in a PA28 'fun' but that's subjective For whatever reason, and sadly I can't tell you why because I've deceased, I crash bang into the middle of Salisbury cathedral. I'm killed and a few worshippers also, sadly. Are we agreed that Salisbury cathedral is a 'contributing factor' in this tragedy? If we are so agreed, what shall we do about it? Sue the Church of England? Put HM the Queen in the dock for putting one of her structures in front of an aircraft, without adequate lighting?

Surely the onus is on us as aviators not to fly into things? We don't need a gaggle of advisors and lawyers to tell us the bleeding obvious. We need maps and navaids that work, and our own judgement as pilots. If we don't trust the maps and the navaids then we take care. Crikes! Why are we having this discussion???