PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2013, 20:43
CheekyVisual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I totally agree. What I was trying to say, obviously not that well, was that by operating into BRS from other bases operating the same routes means Ryanair take advantage of the lower BRS rates at off peak times. The new polish route is definitely just a gap filler but it is a gap filler that can run the odd day a week for 12 months a year not like say svq, opo, egc, din, etc... I'm not suggesting it is a good idea just saying they always seem to default to Poland when they look for a year round route.

The seasonal issue is less one of routes but more about aircraft utilisation and crewing. As a company Ryanair are looking at ways of grounding less aircraft next winter and the winters beyond. They are simply looking to keep more aircraft and more crews in bases that can fly more profitable sectors for the whole of the year. At the moment there is a big movement of aircraft and crews between bases between the summer and winter schedule. That is what they are currently looking to change going forward. That doesn't mean not parking any up next year just less.

The bottom line is that Ryanair can operate the same routes from the same airport with significantly lower costs over the whole year. Which is great for Ryanair and crap if you are one of the people being shown the door.

Last edited by CheekyVisual; 17th Jan 2013 at 21:07.