PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dreaming of flying a jet (specially to you older guys!)
Old 17th Jan 2013, 20:27
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Over the last 24 years I have spent many days with people who are "first day on the job" or something close to it. I enjoy it a lot, because for the new F/O it is something akin to holding on to the tail of a rocket. All of that training comes together and it still involves an enormous degree of running to catch up. The most enjoyable aspect, is the obvious sense of accomplishment and pleasure that is evident on a new pilots face, of a job well done at the end of the day.

In all that time I cannot ever recall somebody in that position ever saying they were bored!

90% of the job is DEAD BORING! It does my head in to sit there for hours and hours, doing nothing
Then frankly my friend, there is something wrong! You most certainly should be doing something. In fact any pilot who is focused on staying ahead of the game (and believe me you really do want to stay ahead of the game,) should be keeping themselves busy doing so many of the routine tasks that are required to ensure that is properly achieved.

I have been doing this for a while now and 21,000 hours later I can still find myself busy enough on a two hour flight sector not to be bored. I have to say that I find your comment unbelievable! If you find 90% of the job "DEAD BORING" you cannot possibly be doing it correctly.

I have to say that from your many previous threads on these forums, there are a number of rather strange themes involved with so much of what you write. Perhaps you should spend a little more time learning the realities before you rush to the keyboard to espouse so much of this nonsense that you so often seem to relish.