PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2013, 18:34
Danny42C

Madbob,

Quote: "This was after a three year gap in flying after leaving the RAF" My experience exactly. It's true, it's like riding a bike. You never forget !....D.

Chugalug,

Like you, all the full scale of my flying kit went back to stores unused except for helmet, goggles and mask (suede flying boots were "liberated", I have with shame to confess). But wasn't it a bit chilly when you got to the Tiger at last (perhaps it was in warmer climes ?) They'd have done better to issue the stuff in bits and pieces as need arose. And the kit took up most of a kitbag, which was a nuisance.

Seats ? All right for some ! You're quite right about the US - the Vengeance seats and cockpits were designed for your typical All-American quarterback !.........D.

Geriaviator,

"Avgas 15p a litre" If only....! How right your old Tubby was ! A whole generation of young men had to grow up very fast indeed. I've always thought of my five years in War as the university that I could never have afforded (in those days) to attend.......D.

My thanks to you all for your support for this prince of Threads (another Post on the way tonight),

Danny