PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2013, 17:11
Courtney Mil

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JSFfan
and you know that the sims are using the 2001 data? try again, the redesign was 2005 and I'm sure they ran the numbers and entered the right data, as was said its the 9 top air forces in the world that are running the sims, it's not LM locked in a cupboard making up numbers
Wrong. As I said, neither of us KNOW what data they're using and the air forces can only use what is supplied to them. But I'm pleased you are SURE, even without knowing. It doesn't look to me like you haveany experience of simulation of this type. I do.

but think what you want, you may even think how fast, high it goes the better with a WW1 plane vs plane dogfight mentality
Those are both vital ingredients in the simulation because energy at launch has a MASSIVE effect on missile suuccess and missile evasion. But, again, we don't know what figures they used in the experiments.

The sims are conservative which is why you get better numbers when it is piloted
Again, you are showing your ignorance here. My expeerience with manned, multi-station simulation supports what you say, but it still comes down to the data they are using for the dynamic modelling, which AGAIN we don't know.

Your supposed evidence is unsupportable, Fella.