PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dreaming of flying a jet (specially to you older guys!)
Old 17th Jan 2013, 15:23
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Artie Fufkin - First you do not know me, you do not know how much time and effort I have put down to this!

I know very well, I have loads to learn, I am not lacking a desire to learn, if you knew me, you would know that!
From start to end / now, I know very well, the day you think you know it all, and nothing more to learn, that is the day you should stop this career!

You are confusing my professional mindset, with my personal experience of the job!
I probably now for nearly 6 months + , been studying hard to pass interview, TR's, line-training - you think I did that by being bored or having the wrong attitude!

My attitude is not the issue, but when a company sets you as example for Christmas - knowing you are a commuter, work one day, and puts you 4 days in a row on standby in a foreign country, far from home! - which by the way I did not even get called out for duty! That makes you understand, for this job, you are just a piece of meat - a number - a slave to their system, what they want when they want!

I accepted this, or when a friend of mine could not get days off when his wife was giving birth to their baby!

Maybe these are company issues, however these are part of the so -called lifestyle that is acceptable to have this job at any price!

I was not shattered my first obs flight - shattered in the sense exhausted after 14 hours on the jump seat! Other flights I have been bored, few things mixed up and around here!