PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JCAB medical
Thread: JCAB medical
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2013, 14:09
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@palm tree

A while back I did a jobs fair where I was answering folks questions about the gig I'm at, I had the chance to sit with several contract agency people and during the conversations they said that over 60% of guys fail the medical, it could be something as dumb as a couple of points over or under the good Vs. bad cholesterol measurements (the Japanese measurement that is, not the western one) or your BMI being a couple of points higher than their magic number (it is widely rumored that the number is 30, although they won't say what it is) if you want an example as to how ridiculous it is, I have a friend that interviewed to a job in Japan but he already was working at another company in Japan so he already had a Japanese medical, he fail the pre employment medical and had to go to the same doctor that had issued his current medical to re take the test, the doctor that had issued his original Japanese medical instead of the western logical thing to do, that is to say "yes, I already examine you and gave you a medical" he ran him again to the whole battery of tests including stress test to make sure he was worthy of holding the Japanese medical he already held.