PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 cockpit visit
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2013, 10:01
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blimey, it's getting worse. Sitty, a "good reason" for saying no is that Company policy in any safe airline forbade flight deck visits years ago. Oh yeah, and "any" time means, ..........good grief, why do I bother.(?) Your assessment of a "good captain" discussing flight deck visits just beggars belief. Terrorist Organizations are now planning the easiest hit on aircraft having read the drivle on these pages.

My last company not only banned all visits to thre Flight deck but developed, after much thought, a really involved procedure for use when we wished to leave the flight deck for a "Loo visit". Actually, most of us fell about laughing until, during a CRM refresher, we were shown the 9-11 stuff & reminded that the pilots had their throats cut (probably after cosy chats with the CC for a Flight Deck visit !).

Jvindk. Do not bring very serious security focus on yourself for requesting a flight deck visit ! We (professional pilots), hate the tight policies but we see that the good ole days are way behind us now. I was welcomed on the FD many times in my formative years starting with an extended visit on a BOAC constellation in 1952. My career was greatly helped by multi visits including watching take-off & landings . When I succeeded in becoming a professional pilot, in the days that we could, I extended the same courtesy to many in the hopes that it would enhance career chances & opportunities. I miss those days & yes, Sitty, the "hotties" too. Specially when I asked them if they would like to hold my joy stick.

C'mon chaps. Is this yet another Troll wind-up. Hope so & hope Jvindk cannot be serious. He might be Head of Security, CIA, USA & he can't wait for one of you "good Captains" to say "Yes" !!