PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2013, 09:33
James-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your replies. It provoked the sort of reaction that I was expecting from some who have clearly read a little too much into my questions.

I think it is very important to fully understand every aspect of the career that you are entering (whatever it is). Why would you not want to command? surely thats what all us aspiring pilots are aiming for? BA are a brilliant company and this opportunity is excellent - theres no doubt about it. As for a career, I can't see wanting to work for another airline, however if its the difference between waiting 20 years to command or transferring to say Virgin and commanding after 10 then you would be insane not to consider it.

I guess if you are in no way interested about being in command or the financial implications to allow you to support your family, then you could work for free and pay for your own training.

Please do not think I don't appreciate what BA are offering. Its an excellent scheme, working for (in my opinion) the best airline. If I get a place I would be delighted and would happily stay with BA for a full career. As I said though, you need to fully understand what you're signing up to.

Good luck to all those still in with a shout!