PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2013, 22:58
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info. It makes interesting reading with that sort of time until command. How does that compare with other airlines?

Do you know with the BA FPP what your return of service is. I guess it must be at least 7 years if you are to have your full training paid for. What I guess I'm asking is whether its worth doing 7 years with BA and then looking elsewhere for a faster route to command.
I almost never get drawn into stupid keyboard wars over the internet and especially pprune. However given my passion for both flying and the BA FPP, I would like to say that you stand next to no chance of getting anywhere with that mindset IMO.

For a start most of us wannabes are mostly concerned about how to even get a foot in the door of commercial aviation, never mind about the quickest way to make captain. I suggest you be realistic and stop dreaming. And above all, try to understand the amazing opportunity you get with BA.

If you see this as merely a stepping stone to making captain as quick as possible, you can try Ryanair instead. They make captains relatively quickly there.

Good luck